LAW WEEK runs from 16 May 2022 to 20 May 2022.
It is a major community event held each year for the Western Australian community and the legal profession.
This is a chance to find out more about the law and our legal system and provides a unique opportunity to take the law outside of offices and courtrooms into the public.
Law Week is an opportunity to help people see how the law affects them on a daily basis.
Regional Alliance West (“RAW”) is marking Law Week with an art competition with the theme of “Law and the Pandemic”.
Two years into the global pandemic, we have seen COVID-19 sweep across the world and change our lives forever.
We have had school and border closures, online learning, working from home, vaccinations and mandated restrictions on how we live our day to day lives.
Governments’ responses to this global health crisis have relied heavily on the law and the legal system to manage the impact and spread of the virus. This legal response to the pandemic has attempted to balance our freedoms with various restrictions and mandates seen as necessary for the greater public health interest.
How has the pandemic and the laws impacted you and your life?
THEME: Law & the Pandemic
REQUIREMENTS: An original work of art reflecting upon the theme
CLOSING DATE: 4:00PM on Thursday 28 April 2022
AWARD CEREMONY: 3:30PM on Thursday 19 May 2022
JUNIOR: Under 12 years (Prize $750)
SENIOR: 12 to 17 years (Prize $1000)
OPEN: 18+ (Prize $1500)
- Entrants must submit an original work of art (e.g. drawing, painting, sculpture) reflecting upon the theme, which can be in any medium, format or size.
- Entries must be submitted unsigned, without any marks identifying the artist and accompanied by a fully completed and signed Entry and Release Form. RAW staff will allocate a number to the entry form and match this to the reverse of the artwork so that judging can occur anonymously.
- Entries must be submitted to either of RAW’s Geraldton or Carnarvon offices by the closing date and time.
- Entrants must ordinarily reside in the Midwest, Murchison or Gascoyne regions.
- Entries will be judged on artistic appeal, originality and connection to the theme.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Board members and staff of RAW and their immediate family members are ineligible to enter.
- Entrants must agree that if they are a category winner, RAW will retain their original artwork up until 19 May 2023 and RAW has the right to use their artwork however they see fit up until that date.
- If entrants would like their artwork returned to them at the conclusion of the competition, they must make these arrangements at their own expense.
- All entrants are welcome to attend the Awards Ceremony but must register to attend by contacting RAW prior to 4:00 pm on Thursday 5 May 2022.