What we do.

Helping our community since 1984.

Community Re-entry Assistance

If you are coming back to the community from prison, we may be able to make the move easier for you.

We can help with:


  • Planning the move
  • Finding a place to live
  • Sort out income and budgets
  • Connecting you with other support services
  • Employment, training and volunteer opportunities
  • Counselling services

Community Legal Centre

Generalist Services

The Community Legal Centre offers free legal information and advice covering most aspects of the law. We provide a wide range of materials which you can take away to read or have explained.

We can help to prepare documents for you, liaise with others involved in your issue and assist you with understanding legal concepts.

You can make an appointment with reception or if you are unable to make it to RAW we can arrange for a telephone or video link up.

The Community Legal Service also runs a range of services that provide outreach to communities outside Geraldton.

Gascoyne Community Legal Service

This office, based in Carnarvon, can assist you if you live in the Gascoyne region with enquiries as per the Generalist Service. We travel to Exmouth and Denham regularly.

Nyarlu Miyarnumualgu

This is an outreach service for Aboriginal women. We travel to communities within the Mid West as far as Meekatharra, including Mt Magnet, Cue, Northampton and Yalgoo.

Financial Services

Financial Counselling

This Service provides free information, options and support to those who are experiencing difficulties with money.

Our Financial Counsellors can:

• Help to organise a budget

• Explain what to do if you can’t pay bills, debts or fines

• Assist with working out payment arrangements with creditors

• Inform you of Government assistance and entitlements

• Advocate for you if you want to challenge a decision that affects you

• Explain options regarding bankruptcy • HUGS – Hardship Utility Grant Schemes

This service does not provide financial advice in regards to investments.


Our workers can support community members and their families with money management.

We can help you to:

• Work out your money goals

• Create a budget

• Put money aside for special occasions

• Understand banking and finance

• Use the Internet to manage your money

Emergency Relief

If you are a Geraldton resident and have an emergency that can be solved with a small payment, we may be able to assist.

Emergency Relief can be used for;

• Food

• Accommodation

• Utilities

• Medical

• Other

Recurring assistance will be referred to MoneyBusiness.


Housing Assistance Programmes

If you are living in a Housing Authority, or in a private rental situation, and are having problems with the tenancy, this service might be useful to you.

We can visit you in your home to talk about how to solve the problems, and help you in fixing them. Our workers will keep in touch with you over a few months to see how things are going.

We can also help if you are having diffi culty in getting rental accommodation.

Tenant Advocate

This service is available for any tenant. We help with information and assistance with your rights and responsibilities when managing your tenancy. We can also help with understanding letters and documents about your housing.

Our Carnarvon office can assist you in getting an appointment if you live in the Gascoyne region.


Assist people who are experiencing homelessness in gaining housing options either private rental, government housing or sharing

Need to speak with someone?

Get in touch with us today for a confidential discussion.